Monday, June 18, 2012

How Do I Use Positive Affirmations?

Many people are curious about positive affirmations. How do you use them properly? What can they accomplish? Here are some quick tips to using positive affirmations...

1. Structure-the wording in your affirmation should always be present tense. Affirmations should be spoken as if the statement is happening right now. If you are speaking affirmations, you should use "I am... " or "me" in your statements. If you are reading the affirmations, you should use "You are... " in the statements. If someone else is speaking affirmations to you, or you are listening to an affirmation cd, the statements should also be in "You are... " form. When you create or use an affirmation, there should be a feeling or emotion within you when you are saying it, reading it, or meditating on it. Part of the way affirmations work is through the feelings you feel on a regular basis. An easy way to attach a feeling to an affirmation can be to add: I give thanks now that... or you feel grateful now that...

2. Repetition- Positive affirmations work best when spoken often. I've found through years of experience and research on affirmations that choosing one or two affirmations to work on at a time is best, otherwise you'll likely get scattered results. Try to remember to say out loud or meditate on your affirmation as you are waking up in the morning and as you are falling asleep at night. Another couple of ways to reinforce your affirmations are to write one or two of them on index cards and keep that on your nightstand... read the affirmations right before you go to bed, and right before you get up in the morning. I also recommend using your computer wallpaper to create an affirmation that you'll see when you use your computer. Also your cell phone probably has a way for you to write a banner, which you can read every time you are about to call or text someone. Listening to an affirmation cd, or saying affirmations to yourself as you are driving is another great idea.

3. Timeframe- I have found myself expecting to see big results within a day or two of saying affirmations and often, I do see quick results. For some affirmations, there is a longer timeframe because my mind has been conditioned for so long to believe the current reality, so when I say the opposite, it may take a few months or even several months to see big results. I always see results with affirmations, it's really a matter of being persistent.

I wish you abundance and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment